Ickleton Photo Gallery



Ickleton Society Privacy Policy
Update: 03Jul19 12:34




Mill Lane

Mill Lane continues the ancient Icknield Way alignment of Abbey Street to leave the village, cross the river and in earlier times, stride onwards to its junction with the Peddars Way. In the middle ages a fulling mill stood by the river, whilst in the nineteenth century, the Eastern Counties Railway installed a crossing keepers cottage at the end of the road. This was pictured in the Illustrated London News of 1845 (A219) with the title Ickleton Station and indeed trains did at one time stop at Ickleton.

Thumbnail:

Filename:

Reference:

Description:

Source:

Date:

Acquired:

Thumbnail: